Benefits to you as the service or product provider
- a point of differentiation between you and your competitors, allowing you to reliably compete on environmental value
- confidence that your products have less negative impact on the environment across their entire life cycle
- customer recognition and market reward that you are acting responsibly in preparing your product or service and delivering it to them
- stronger employee engagement arising from the positive environmental and sustainability stance you have taken
- recruitment and retention benefits because of your business's robust environmental reputation
- community recognition that you are an environmentally aware and responsible organisation
- kudos arising from your adherence to environmental regulations
- economic benefits arising from more efficient processes and thoughtful sustainability initiatives
- keeping up with environmental regulatory change – all specifications are reviewed five-yearly and updated if necessary.
Benefits to your customers
- increased sell-through with end-consumers preferring or demanding sustainability credentials on products
- increased buyer loyalty with eco-conscious end-consumers
- transferred credibility arising from the fact that your customers benefit from the reflected glory of your environmental strengths
- meeting environmental or sustainability pre-requisites for many business-to-business and business-to-government tendering processes
- pride in your customers’ employees as a result of their purchase.
Benefits to the Community
- reduced environmental impacts from improved processes
- reduced environmental impacts from reduced waste and increased recycling
- increased awareness of environmentally responsible activities
- reduction of effort and cost required by consumers to get sustainability information – the label tells the story
- a reputable, Government-backed environmental benchmark providing proof to environmental claims and the ability to assess the merit of other environmental credentials.